What to Expect at Your First Appointment
You’ve decided to become a patient at the Institute. Welcome!
We encourage you to download and complete this new patient package in advance of your first visit.
Here is some general information for the day of your appointment:
- Please check in at the Clinic at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- Your visit will take approximately 90 minutes. This includes check in as well as your physician taking a medical history, assessing current medical problems, performing a comprehensive medical test that includes a neurological examination, and developing a plan of care that will be sent to your referring physician.
- Please read the Patient Consent Form. If you agree to our Clinic policies and you would like to be treated by one of our doctors, please sign and date the Patient Consent Form. You may use the Patient Consent Form to specify any restrictions on our communications with you.
- Please read and sign the Notice of Privacy Practices form.
- Please bring your insurance card(s) and driver’s license to be scanned in to our Electronic Medical Records system. Insurance companies we currently contract with are:
- Anthem Blue Cross PPO
- Blue Shield of California PPO
- Health Net
- Medicare Part B
- United Healthcare
- If you have Medicare coverage, we will bill Medicare for you and we do accept assignment. If you have other types of insurance, we will bill your insurance company to assist you in getting reimbursed. Please read the Patient Financial Agreement Form for further information.
- Self-paying patients are required to pay in full on day of service.
- Insurance co-pays are due in full on day of service.
Please note: While Parkinson’s Institute does not require a doctor’s referral, your insurance company may. Please check with your insurance company.
Current Patient Appointments
If you’re a current patient, please call 408-734-2800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.